Dylan Ferrandis vs. Ken Roczen
Many will point to Ken Roczen’s moto 1 DNF at round 6 in Millville as the reason why he’ll likely lose the 2020 Pro Motocross championship. While that was very clearly a turning point in the series, its arguably not the primary reason. When you compare the stats of Dylan Ferrandis and Ken Roczen, Roczen is dominating all but one critical stat.
– Ken has been fastest qualifier 5 times compared to Dylan only 2x
– Ken has 2 holeshots to Dylan’s 1
– Ken has 7 moto wins to Dylan’s 5
– Ken has led laps in 10 motos to Dylan’s 6
– Ken has been fastest in 4 motos to Dylan’s 3
– Ken has led 129 laps to Dylan’s 54
Unlike Dylan Ferrandis who’s leading the 450 championship but doesn’t lead a single key stat, Justin Cooper is leading the 250 championship AND almost all key stats. The only major stats category Justin doesn’t lead is Motos w/Fastest Lap – Jett Lawrence has 6 and Justin is tied for second with 4. Based just on the key stats, you’d expect Justin to be dominating the series, but instead he’s got a very small 3 point lead.
The fact that he doesn’t have a bigger lead is even more surprising when you consider he’s rounded the first lap in either 1st or 2nd position in 15 of 18 motos. He’s been upfront and in the position to win a lot.